Artichokes are one of my favorite vegetables and they're even better cooked over a campfire. The process of cooking these is a lot easier than you would expect!
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Using your scissors on your multi-tool, trim off all pointy tips from the artichoke leaves.
- Pick off the small leaves on the bottom of the artichoke, discard.
- Cut artichoke in half and dig out the fuzzy portion in the center.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze some lemon juice on each half of the artichoke.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Tear off a piece of foil and place artichoke half in the center.
- Pour potable water in the center of the artichoke filling it to the top of the cavity. Wrap artichoke tightly in the foil.
- Place each half on the grill, with the leaves towards the fire. This will help protect the heart from burning and will allow the water to stay in the center cavity.
- Allow the artichoke to steam/grill over hot campfire coals for 30 minutes or until tender to your liking.